Sunday, April 5, 2009

Frustrated, but still going...

Well, we have put all kinds of flyers out about the donation drive so hopefully that will help spread the word, and we will get some donations. We have asked several places like Babies R Us, Carters, and Children's Place, and other places to have the flyers out, but most of them said they can't hang flyers or keep flyers on their counters because it soliciting. It frustrates me that they can't make an expection for such a great cause, but I am not going to let it get upset me. We decided that we are going to make "Wish Lists" at some of these places including Babies R Us and Target, and people who want to donate can look at the "Wish List" and purcharse things needed. Hopefully that will be helpful, and a good alternative to not being able to set up a booth and having flyers out on counters. We are still posting flyers everywhere. I am working with our apartment complex about making it a donation drop off place, and posting flyers around the complex, so we'll see about that. I am hoping to have the donation drive be seen on the news and in the newspaper. I want to make this very successful, and hope that I can get all kinds of help, and donation. I know that the little struggles we come across will only make this better.

On a better note, we did get our first donation from an old friend, and I am so happy that she was able to donante and wanted to honor my daughter. I will post pictures of what she donated later in the week. Thank you again!

1 comment:

  1. Keep pushing with all your might!!! If one person says no ask 5 more!! Keep your head up and pray! Pray for God to bless your drive. I have lifted your drive up in prayer and will continue to pray for your drive. You are doing a good thing and will feel completly blessed everyday you keep on pushing through.

    God Bless,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete